One of the most disappointing things about working second shift in Seattle are the food options after work. (The first is that the bars are all closed by two, and it isn't uncommon to see last call at 1. YOU try to go out when you get off at midnight. Humph.) As far as I've found, there is Dragonfish downtown. I like this place because it is super close to work, and they're beginning to know me due to going there with my co-workers. And their happy hour is awesome. There is also Beth's Cafe on Aurora, which is great diner food, but always filled to the brim with teenagers. And there is 13 Coins, to which I have never been but I hear it is expensive. I don't like expensive.
Needless to say, the other day when Sam and I were trying to get food at 11 at night, I wasn't really excited about my options. But then I decided to try Urbanspoon. (Oh, how I love Urbanspoon...) Late-night options and Ballard brought up- you guessed it!- Ocho!
Their urbanspoon page has so many good reviews it is ridiculous. In fact, the only people who said why they didn't like it was 1 person who waited too long in a full restaurant (like someone can do something about that.) and one person who didn't like it because the music wasn't Spanish enough and they didn't change it at their bidding. Ugh. So, in my book, everyone liked it, because stupid people's opinions don't count!
So anyway, I read a review and it said service is great blah blah blah place is pretty blah blah blah. Okay, cool. But THEN it said they have tapas. I LOVE small plates. I am a small eater and Samuel and I like to share, so small plates are very fun for us. AND it said they serve food until midnight during the week! (Doesn't help much for after work, but still!) On the weekend, they serve until 1.
So we went. One thing I did not like was that it was a little hard to find. We drove past and walked past (almost twice) before realizing where it was. So, if you go, it is the one on the corner, and has a little stained glass window above the door that says Ocho. Now you know.
But inside is totally adorable. They have great lighting, but most of the light on the tables come from candles, which sets a really nice atmosphere. Their backbar is really cool, and the bottles are lit up with candles as well. The tables are really nice wood, and the booths are comfy.
Their tapas menu is pretty extensive. Sam and I ordered 9 or 10 between us and still didn't cover everything. And they were all delicious! Our server was really good about telling us which ones were enough to share and which ones weren't. He was also really good at telling us what was in their cocktails, how everything tastes, and pretty much every single thing we wanted to know. This guy ROCKS. The food came out quickly and was hot.
I'm a new fan. Anyplace that gives me delicious food quickly late at night is going to move to the top of favorites list. I can't wait to go back.
No comments:
Post a Comment