Follow me as I wander around the world eating

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Flying during Christmas

Though I have traveled somewhere over 100 miles away every Christmas I can remember, I have never had to fly. When I was younger, my grandparents lived within driving distance. Leaving all of your brand new toys and sitting in a car for four hours isn't what I'd call fun, but it was probably better than dealing with the airport. I can say for certain it was much better for my parents!

But now I've moved 3,000 miles away and driving home for Christmas is no longer an option. I've missed the annual trek to my grandparents' houses, but I will be returning to NKY. My only feasible option is the plane.

I managed to get pretty good flights, which is surprising since I had to book them pretty late. Both are nonstop- very difficult to get from Seattle to Cincinnati! Still, in the winter, not having the obligatory layover in snow covered Chicago or Minneapolis is pretty ideal. One of the sacrifices was an overnight flight. I leave Seattle at 11:30 and get into Cincinnati at 6:45 AM. This isn't really that bad, considering that is 3:45 my time, and I normally go to sleep around 3 anyway. Plus, I ran around like a crazy person today and I'm pretty tired. So I guess we'll see how it goes.

Hopefully the demon next to me won't be near me on the plane. (Seriously. It is snarling. What the hell kind of baby snarls and growls? I'm creeped out.) Or maybe it will go to sleep. Fingers are crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment